There are multiple differences between these two products!
The Lunette menstrual cup is made of medical grade silicone…not cotton or rayon- which can dry you out. Plus, the Lunette cup’s capacity is much greater than tampon’s. The Lunette model 2 can hold (30ml) 1 fl oz of liquid compared to a super absorbency tampon which can hold only 12-15 grams.
BENEFITS TO USING A MENSTRUAL CUP:
- The Lunette only needs to be emptied 2-3 times a day during normal flow.
- Menstrual cups simply contains menstrual fluid. The Lunette cup is non-drying and non-irritating to the vaginal tissue.
- Save the planet, AND save money! No applicators. No wrappers. NO TRASH!
- Menstrual cups, like the Lunette is one time cost!
DISADVANTAGES OF TAMPONS:
- Tampons need to be changed every 4-8 hours. (By the way, you should never wait more than 8 hours to change a tampon.)
- Absorbs fluid- Including lubricating vaginal fluids. Ouch!
- Excessive menstrual hygiene waste is harsh on the environment! Applicators, wrappers, trash, OH MY!
- The average menstruating person will spend between $84 per year on disposable menstrual protection.