I accidentally left my cup in for 17 hours.

This happens sometimes, and most likely, everything is fine. But pay attention to a few factors in the next few days and contact the doctor for better evaluation.

If you've cleaned and sanitized the cup properly before inserting it, the possibility of infection is very low. But the risk increases after 12 hours, and therefore we recommend you pay extra attention to yourself in the following days. If you start to feel itching or burning or notice funky discharge, stop using the cup. If the symptoms continue, we recommend you visit a doctor. If you find yourself developing any one or a combination of the following, seek medical attention immediately: high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rashes on the hands and feet, dizziness, red eyes and muscle aches. These symptoms can indicate TSS, which is a rare but serious bacterial infection. Learn more about it here!

Please note we are not healthcare professionals and this instruction is not intended to substitute professional medical advice, and should not be relied upon as such. Please always consult your physician if you have any gynecological issues or medical concerns, such as IUD, irritations, TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) or other serious or urgent medical concerns.